Saturday, January 22, 2011

Michelle+McQueen

As SOON as I saw this dress, I knew I recognized it & I knew I should have known exactly where it came from. Of course, Drudgereport (my news of choice) just mentioned that the first lady wore an evening dress of red....but I KNEW I had seen this before. So finally, like three days after the event everyone started talking about how it was an Alexander McQueen gown. Duh! How could I have not remembered.....Look at the draping and the material and the print... quintessential McQueen. Here is the original dress (Sarah Burton, Resort 2011):

Alexander McQueen Resort 2011 

And the modified dress Michelle wore:


I have to admit, and I am finally able to admit this (a big step), Ms. Obama does have a sense of style which transcends other first ladies. She takes risks and wears both reigning and upcoming designers. It would have been so easy for her to have worn an Oscar or Carolina dress (both amazing and superbly elegant designers), but instead she went for Miss Burton's collection. A choice I am both thrilled and amazed at. 

Credits: original, Mrs. O

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful !
    Keep rockin'

    Nico xx.
    http://artisnotdead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete