Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FLATFORMS?

Yahoo.com had a story about the "new spring shoe." They call it the flatform. (link here: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/flatforms-the-new-it-shoe-for-spring-2446035/#photoViewer=1)

I saw this coming. I saw the spring runways ages ago; I've seen the Vogue editorials, but IF the trend makes it to Yahoo, then it usually means this will be a trend consumers will embrace, at least for a season. And let me tell you something, I don't care if its Prada or Payless I WILL NEVER WEAR THESE.


                 
It doesn't matter if its Derek Lam, Fendi, or Prada, this style, the Flatform, is NOT flattering on a woman. EVER. Even if she were to wear them with the super-wide leg pants that will be in vogue for spring. If a woman is going to wear a flat, then wear a flat. If a woman is going to wear a heel, wear a heel. And at least make it a wedge- the arch MUST be there in order to have the flattering, slimming effect a heel lends to a woman. (I mean honestly I think I had a pair extremely similar to those Prada's when I was 6.) The shoes below are made for women & are not only gorgeous shoes, but extremely flattering. 

      Valentino       
And this shoe may not be the most comfortable, but undoubtedly it is the sexiest. Gucci. (Of course.)

Credits: derek lam, Fendi, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Chloe, & finally GUCCI

No comments:

Post a Comment