Sunday, March 13, 2011

how does he do that?

"Are you interested in making clothes that are sexy?"
"Yes, but for me at the moment, a woman’s manly side is what’s sexy. And I’m not talking about androgyny. I think that a woman standing strongly, fighting to be desired, is very sexual."
-
W



This is from Haider Ackermann's interview with W magazine in January. It is an extraordinary interview. I've followed him for a while and I am so incredibly excited the rest of the fashion world is beginning to take notice. Here are a few of my favorite looks from his Fall 2011 collection:


     Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear  Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear 
The way he tailors and drapes his clothes are surreal. Every time I see one of his outfits my mind is blown away; his colors this season were such beautiful jewel tones. At the beginning the woman started out extremely strong with thick and dark material; but as the show progressed she became sexier and the material became much more elegant. These details are just amazing:
Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear  Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear Haider Ackermann Fall 2011 Ready-to-Wear
His clothes definitely have a Japanese influence but he integrates this elegance which is rarely seen on the runways. The women these clothes are designed for are undeniably sexy, intelligent, and strong.  (The woman I hope to be.) A fine collection from Mr. Ackermann; I cannot wait to see what lies in his future.

-Check out the video here

No comments:

Post a Comment